Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of blood and blood products (eg, computerized medical screening, phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production goals.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
High School graduate or GED required
Valid in-state driver's license preferred
Minimum one year work experience preferred
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Web Reference AJF/342830723-56
Posted Date Wed, 06 Jul 2022
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Vitalant. Please note Healthcare Jobs Market is not responsible for the application process on any external website.